- Students must be legal residents of Alabama.
- Person applying for scholarship must be a son, daughter, grandson, or granddaughter of a veteran that served their country during times of war.
Applications must be returned to American Legion Scholarship, P.O. Box 1069 , Montgomery , Alabama 36101 and received not later than April 1st. Scholarships are $850.00. Only recipients will be notified.
- Small Photo.
- Copy of service record of veteran on which you base your eligibility.
- Transcript of scholastic record. (Unofficial)
- Two letters of reference.
- Test scores from Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Test (ACT).
All of the above items must accompany your application. Incomplete applications will not be assembled or considered by The American Legion.
All items sent in will be considered property of The American Legion and will not be returned.